Dembrane is a rapidly growing startup with a mission to enable communities at any scale to self-organise more effectively using AI.
We do this by Intelligently coordinating information flow in organisations and communities all over the world. For example: We are currently developing an open-source tool together with OpenAI that allows large groups of people to deliberate and generate policies that reflect their collective values.
If you have a desire to make a meaningful impact in society, with opportunities to grow into a key role in a disruptive team: join us!
- Work collaboratively with our leadership to accurately interpret client needs and translate that into application and operational requirements.
- Take full ownership of our advancing codebase.
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and web applications.
- Turn rapid prototypes into killer features quickly and easily.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency with a focus on high-quality, reusable code for future use.
- Understand and respond pivotally to the broader policy and societal impacts of our product.
- Take responsibility for your own growth!
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience as a web developer or similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of typescript, next.js, supabase, and (bonus) deno.
- Demonstrable understanding of full stack architecture and the ability to manage and maintain complex codebases.
- Meticulous and can deeply focus on ensuring software robustness and scalability. Familiarity with test driven development with a testing framework of your choice in a big bonus!
- Ideally we are looking for people based in Eindhoven, or, at a stretch, Brabant: we like WFH, but we also love to get together and share a drink without needing to travel for hours to get home.
- Willing to work 0.5 to 1.2 FTE (whatever you prefer, we are flexible)
- As early founders, we are working on a minimum wage +bonus structure in order to maximise our runway and align all incentives to growth. Ideally, we are looking for early employees that are excited to work in this way alongside us.
- If you join us now, you can expect 2-5% equity in our company after 4 years. We have set aside 30% of our equity for early employees in a vested scheme. Come for the pizza and the fun, stay for the equity.
- Opportunities and encouragement to attend events and trainings. For example, we are heading to San Fransisco in September to collaborate with our partners at OpenAI.
- A reasonable budget to get whatever resources you need to work more efficiently and comfortably.
- If you are an expat and need a work permit, we are happy to consider this.
We appreciate those who can think big while paying careful attention to the details. A desire to make a difference, take ownership, and the capability to work within a fast-paced startup environment are absolutely key for us.
Come join us at Dembrane and become part of a community prioritising Democracy, Impact and Diversity. You won't just be coding; you will be making a difference.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Email us your portfolio or links to your work alongside your CV for our review. We are more interested in the work you've done than the prestige of the places you worked or studied at.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!